The recovery of ancient sites

Palazzo Bovieri

 (BOVIERI PALACE)

The construction of this magnificent building was started in the XVII century and it ended in 1867. It's located in Via San Pietro and it was owned by one of the oldest noble families of Ceccano. It's been a long a time since this building has been abandoned: in the 80's the facade collapsed.

 

Frantonio del Montano

(THE MONTANO'S MILL)

This former mill is situated in the homonymous area below the castle of the Ceccano's counts and this building has been abandoned for many years. It was built with large limestone blocks and its ground floor has a large vaulted room, where there is still preserved a large millstone.

 

Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angeli

(CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS)

Small urban church located in via Santa Maria degli Angeli. It was consecrated by Tibaldeschi Aurelius, the bishop of Ferentino, in 1577. The restoration works over the centuries, have completely changed its aspect: in fact, it became the storehouse of the nearby church of St. John the Baptiste.

 

 

Pictures

1701